Always looking for healthy alternatives, I came across this ‘Ayur Vedic Tea Recipe’ some time ago on the World Wide Web (copyright to whom ever published it there…) and I have tried it for about four weeks and…love the result!
Ayur Veda translates as ‘life knowledge’ and is one of the world’s oldest holistic whole-body healing systems strongly rooted in India some 3000 years ago. This system follows the concept of natural cycles: waking, sleeping, working, meditation, and it is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and spirit.
In Ayur Vedic therapies mainly natural and herbal compounds and minerals are used. Well-known in wellness are the heavenly Ayur Vedic massages and Pancha Karma treatments: a purification and detoxification to eliminate toxins from the body.
You can drink the following spicy Ayur Vedic Tea any time a day, as it is caffeine free and only consists of spices and water. It is not only a drink that will add to your well being as you can read hereafter in the benefits….. it has another important quality: it makes you loose fat around your waist or belly!!!
The ingredients of this tea are mainly spices used in the Indian or Middle East kitchen and have cleansing- and anti inflammation qualities and work your digestive system.
Some of the benefits of this spicy Ayur Vedic Tea:
- Speeding up the metabolism, which helps to burn belly fat
- The anti-microbial properties help boost your immunity system
- Burns and eliminates toxins from the body
- Relieves inflammation and purifies the blood
- Warms up blood circulation
- Cleanses the urinary tract
By drinking this ‘Boost your Body’ tea first thing in the morning and the last thing before going to sleep – take 1-2 cups a day – you are speeding up the metabolism to burn belly fat.
For women, the advice is to take this tea with moderation, as the spices add heat to the body, which could influence the monthly menstrual cycle. If you are not sure if you should use this tea, please ask advice from your physician.
Ingredients for your Ayur Vedic Tea:
- 1 tablespoon of Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tablespoon of Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon of Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 1 tablespoon of Coriander Seeds (dhania)
- 2 small sticks of Cinnamon (dalchini)
- 10 Cloves (laung)
- 2 small pieces of Ginger (adrakh)
- 8-10 Black Peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 liter of Water
Preparation of your Ayur Vedic Tea:
- Put the water in a large pot and bring it to boil on the stove
- In a meantime, break and coarsely grind the spices like cinnamon, black peppercorns, coriander etc., with a mortar and pestle
- Crush the ginger to break it down
- This process will extract the flavours out of the spices
- Add all the spices to the boiling water and cover with a lid
- Let the spices infuse their flavour to the water for about 10 minutes
- Turn the heat off and let the infused water cool down to room temperature
- Filter the spices out of the water and poor the liquid into a jug or flask
- Your Ayur Vedic Tea is ready for consuming!
Sending you healthy Qi!
Foto: Cole Hutson